Nostalgia

Nostalgia

missing you...

Love Less

Love Less
Can you Find Love?

Remember me

Remember me

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Fade Away...


Whispering your last goodbye as you let go of my hand
A stabbing pain swept over me, a pain I could not stand
Unable to hold back the tears forming on the brim of my eyes
Could no longer look at you, so I turned my head to the skies
Praying for the rain to fall, and wash away these unwanted tears
Waiting for the rain to come, and sweep me away from here

So I watched silently as your footsteps got smaller and smaller
And I watched hopelessly as your shadow grew taller and taller
As I clung on to your shadow in an attempt to hold you back
I am sadly only reminded of the strengths I had once lacked
I wanted to tell you to stay because I still need you by my side
But once again my true feelings are hindered by my foolish pride

So unwillingly I watched your silhouette slowly fade away
And reluctantly I let my heart die and gradually decay
But at last, reality sets in, and I wipe away these useless tears
Finally realizing I can't sit here drowning in self pity as you disappear
So I gathered my last ounce of courage and I raced after you
Only to find that you are already gone and no longer within view

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Without any doubts that this was the poem that touched me most, my favorite of all who read untill now. Was to sincere, to true. As I can imagine the pain that you passed by or raisins that person. I realize you still have the most beautiful and painful words of wisdom (in respect of lost love) in your heart and in your hands. I love you